This will only check incoming messages, and I have not tested this setup
personally.

Download and install clamav and set up automatic signature updating.

Create a folder 'virus' or something in evolution, now set up a filter
like is adviced for spamassasin at
http://www.atlantawebhost.com/articles/evolution_spamassassin.php

Replace the spamassasin command with clamscan --mbox.

Now if a virus is found, Evolution will move the message to the virus
folder...  you can run clamscan again on the mbox file in the evolution
subdirectory to identify the virus.

On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 04:06, Mark Knecht wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 16:12, Manuel McLure wrote:
>
> > Have you tried amavis? It hooks into the postfix delivery chain, and
> > will recursively extract all files from archives and check them for
> > viruses using the antivirus of your choice. So you can be sent a virused
> > exe inside a zip inside an lha inside an arc and it will still catch it.
> >

> No, here on my desktop I don't run postfix. We just have that at work. I
> was looking for a solution that would just work with Evolution, like
> Norton works with Outlook. Do I really need to run a server to get local
> virus protection? Bummer...

Guy Van Sanden
http://unixmafia.port5.com

Registered Linux user #249404 - September 1997