begin  quote
On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 12:21:59 +0000
Peter Ruskin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Three questions:
>
>   Why would these idiots target Gentoo?

They probably just google for mail + archives in some automated way.

>   Why does Gentoo allow (or make it easy for) this to happen?
We don't.   There are no Gentoo official archives that keep mailaddress'

>   Does this not reflect badly on Gentoo's image?

its a pretty common occurance with any more popular list.  Inofficial
archives appear, and users get spammed. :/

The virus though, thats all the *BLEEP* people on the lists that have
Outlook.

//Spider

--
begin  .signature
This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!