Peter Wu wrote:

Guy, tell me why unix users don't do that ? (working as root)

Because most Unix users have good computer knowledge while most Windows
users do not know how computers work at all.

Do you admit this fact?

Not at all, I personally maintain some Linux PCs, where users know nothing more as to use mail client, OOo and bookkeeping programs. Still no virus problem.

I really doubt switching to Linux can stop virii from spreading.

Ok Tom, how many viruses have been infecting your linux box ? I only read about them.

Because those viruses were written specially against Windows. Well, you
would say 'because Windows is very vulnerable'. I have been using Windows
and Linux/FreeBSD for more than 10 years, Windows being my major working
operating system at office while Linux/FreeBSD is my leisure hour hobby. I
have never had any virus ruining my Windows box.

Common, u have them, but they were hidden :-).

Windows and Linux both have vulnerabilities and it is the appropriate
administration that helps avoid disasters.

Yes, I agree, but u must be blind if not see these facts:

1. It's much easier to search vulnerabilities in source code
   like to debug application/system.

2. If one small vulnerability on Linux occures (no exploit yet)
   there are found minimum 10 fatal vulnerabilities on M$hit
   (exploits widely spreaded already).

3. Patches on Linux are available very soon, M$hit patches
   after some months if ever.

noro