Hi!

I am new with Gentoo and already have experienced a big problem installing
my Gentoo.

I have followed the instructions from the site of Gentoo.

All steps has ocurred with no problems.

However, whem I have tried my first boot, the system stops with the
following message above:

STEP 3: Mounting necessary filesystems per boot options
Started device management daemon v1.3.25 for /dev
STEP 4: Determining root device
STEP 4a: Mounting root
mount: Mounting /dev/hda3 on /newroot failed: Invalid argument
Could not mount specified ROOT, try again
Root block device unspecified or not detected
Please specify a device to boot, or "shell" for a shell
:

After the sequence of messages the system stops loading.

I have already tried to install Gentoo at least 4 times, with grub and
lilo boot loaders, and all tries the sequence of messages are the same.

What I doing wrong?

Thanks and best regards,

Marcelo Barreto