Collins Richey wrote:

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 02:55:13 +0100
lukas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Wednesday 04 February 2004 01:17, martin morawetz wrote:

Two network-devices are available. A SiS 900 and a 3Com (3c905c-TX)

I don't know anything about the SIS900. I've been using 3Com 3c905
Cards in my machines since many years and never had any problems with
them.

I don't know about using the 2.4.x kernels per a new installation, but
SIS900 works just fine on my 2.6.x kernels. You could emerge mm-sources-2.6.2_rc1-r3.ebuild and try that.

Maybe a stupid question, but how can I do the emerge without a configured internet-connection?

Of course, 2.6.1 may be more than you want to tackle.

You need the following in your /etc/fstab, and mkdir /sys.

# for 2.6.0
none /dev/pts devpts defaults 0 0 none /sys sysfs defaults 0 0
You have to check out your kernel options carefully.
Ask again if you want to go this route.

I want to, but give me some time to understand your answer :-)