Dave wrote:
> Have now run memtest86 for 12 Hours straight - extended test. Zero
> errors ... mmm ...
> I'll limp along with -O2 for now ... sort the rest of Gentoo then come
> back to it.

Dave,

Are you running X when compiling?  On one of my systems, I found that when I
compile with X running I end up with memory problems due to the agp module.
This causes gcc to the segfault or generate the "Internal Compiler Error"
message.

Turning off X and running the compile in console mode and the problem goes
away.

So it is possible to not have hardware problems, but to still have memory
problems due to what is running on the system at the time.

Regards,
Paul