Koala Gnu wrote:

Hi all,

I compiled 2.6.1 kernel on my gentoo distr and the behavior of my PS/2 mouse is changed.
It seems to be too sensitive and then unusable.
This will happen both in text mode (using gpm) and X. The mouse works fine in 2.4.
I read from the linux mail list archive that this is not a new problem and several suggestions have been submitted.

I tried using:

psmouse_noext=1 (as suggested by Torvalds)

as boot parameter but it does not work.

Then I tried also with

psmouse_rate=60 psmouse_resolution=200

but it does not work too.

Any suggestion?

PS

let me know if you need more info.

No idea why the boot params are not working, but I was too lazy to get informed and just adjusted
the mouse sensitivity in KDE (and games...). That's not a pretty solution, but it will most definitely
work for you.