I'm using the gentoo-sources kernel version 2.4.22-gentoo-r5.  I believe
it has a patch that breaks the "sensors -s" functionality.

See support ticket #1564 on the lm_sensors page:

        http://www2.lm-sensors.nu/~lm78/readticket.cgi?ticket=1564

Essentially, when I try to run "sensors -s", even as root, I get the
following message:

it87-isa-0290: Canīt access /proc file for writing;
Run as root?

On the suggestion of the lm_sensors support team, I compiled a vanilla
2.4.24 kernel.  Under this kernel, I was able to run sensors -s.

The lm_sensors folks are guessing that the problem is caused by one of
the gentoo kernel patches.  For what it's worth, the problem also seems
to plague users using a Debian kernel.

Is there anywhere I can get a list of patches applied to the
gentoo-sources kernel?  Has anyone else experienced similar problems,
and perhaps figured out what is specifically causing the problem?

Thanks!
Matt

--
Matt Garman