Gerhard W. Gruber wrote:

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 09:56:04 -0800 (PST), "Eric Paynter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

Check the permissions of the directory. Also, as I discovered
recently, some ftp servers won't list files > 2GB, but that's
probably not the problem you have here. I'd focus on permissions
first.

I set the directories according to the help to 555 and 511.

Set all the directories to 555. 511 will give only execute permissions to
other users (e.g. the user as which ftpd runs), which means they can change
into those directories, but not list the files in them. This seems to be exactly
your problem.