Gerhard W. Gruber wrote:

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 21:12:00 +0100, Arne Vogel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Also, it seems the linker requires these libraries to be referenced via symlinks just as in
your ordinary /lib directory. You should be able to just do a "cp -dp /lib/libnss* lib" (from inside
the chrroot-directory) to make all the NSS libraries available to the chrooted environment.
Do *not* use ln, as that kind of defeats the purpose of the chroot environment (an attacker
could open the hard-linked library for write access, and thus compromise your global /lib
directory). Maybe one day Linux'll support copy-on-write for hard-linked files... :-)

Now it works for anonymous. But I still have the problem of being blind when logging in as normal user. It seems that I have to createt his entire environment for all users I want to be accessible via ftp. I don't really like that, but having anonymous access is sufficient for now.

Or is there some way to create a universal chroot environment?

Hmm... I don't know. "info ftpd" may help.

BTW: Doing the libs with ln doesn't work anyway, because when you do a chroot,
then the root directory is set to the one you specified.
So if you have this in your normal environment

/lib/libc.so
/home/ftp/lib/libc.so -> /lib/libc.so

it will in truth point to /home/ftp/lib/libc.so as soon as you do the chroot.

Symlinks will not work, of course, but hard links would.