Hi,

I've just installed Gentoo on a new system, and I have some strangeness
in the ext3 mount for my root filesystem:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] mail # mount
/dev/hda3 on / type ext3 (rw,noatime)
none on /tmp/.initrd/dev type devfs (rw)
/dev/hda3 on / type ext2 (rw,noatime)
none on /proc type proc (rw)
none on /dev type devfs (rw)
none on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
none on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)
/dev/hda1 on /boot type ext2 (rw,noatime)

As you can see /dev/hda3 is mounted both as ext2 and ext3. There is a
message in /var/log/messages that seems related:

EXT2-fs warning (device ide0(3,3)): ext2_read_super: mounting ext3
filesystem as ext2

This is my first gentoo system, though I have used various versions of
RedHat and Fedora Core 1, and haven't seen any problems like this
previously.

Any idea on how to fix it?

Thanks!

Michael