Grendel,

You can do it, but expect a long time compiling your modules :o)

   Regards
   Jose

Grendel escribió:

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, The awesome and feared Norbert Kamenicky commented thusly,

Alexandre Aractingi wrote:

- I have been a (very happy) Mandrake user for some time now, and I
particularly like their PLF site (rpm repository of legally

Most of us switched to Gentoo, because we are expecting
much more Mandrake can offer, but this is payed by little
bit less comfort.
Do not expect Gentoo has GUI to setup every piece of sw
and/or it will run just after installation.

Actually I wonder why this is the case. I was really impressed by the way the livecd detected all of my hardware and autoconfigured it (it even detected by nforce2 nvnet driver, so far the only installation to do this). Surely the same tool(s) can also be installed as part of the base package, which can be optionally invoked by the user if necessary and which will modify the necesasry files.

Bye,
Grendel