Hmm.  I see others are saying it might be genkernel also - did you run it?  Something
is strange as emerge -u world doesn't normally hose up files like this.

Anyway to fix it boot the live CD, then mount the parititon gentoo is on as
/mnt/gentoo, cd to /mnt/gentoo/etc and edit fstab.  You can do this with any files you
need to fix.