I started a 1.2.11 ebuild but haven't had time to get back to it.  Simply changing the
version number didn't work (darn! <G>).  I got some strange errors that I haven't had
time to chase down.

On 02/12/04  Kevin wrote:

> Hi All-
>
> I'm a Gentoo newbie but a long-time (10 years) Linux user/sysadmin and
> I have a quick question that's not addressed in the FAQ or the portage
>
> manual (admittedly, I've only read the first part and browsed the
> rest):
>
> When I know that the current revision of OpenAFS is 1.2.11, but my
> portage system shows that it's 1.2.10-r1, how do I get 1.2.11
> installed?

Because we only have 1.2.10 in the portage tree. So unless someone puts
an ebuild for 1.2.11 in the tree portage doesn't know anything about it.

Marius

--
Public Key at http://www.genone.de/info/gpg-key.pub

In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.