Michael W. Holdeman <PTFD9100 <at> beanstalk.net> writes:

> I can't even get it to boot!
>
> On Tuesday 03 February 2004 06:48 pm, William Kenworthy wrote:
> > There's lots of "use 2.6" messages here, but does anyone have a list of
> > what doesnt work/needs work list for general desktop machines before I
> > take the leap?
> >
> > e.g, is older hardware supported (PIIX - since they removed the tuning
> > option from 2.4 this has been a disaster for me)
> > nvidia keeps cropping up
> > XFree looks like it has problems
> > XFS and some other (unspecified) file systems have problems
> >
> > BillK
> >

> > --

Sounds like your running an ASUS motherboard there -- I ran in to the same
problems. Use kernel parameters to disable pnp support pnpbios=off I think it
is from memory and mine booted fine after that. There was even the builtin
module for the 3com 940 via the sk98lin module. I booted off the distcc CD,
since I wanted to use the beefy machine to help compilation on some Pentium
133's =)  Other than than, I've had much success with 2.6

Tomasz