Hi,

在 2004-02-13 Fri 的 13:41, Brendan Sullivan 写道:
> hmm, ok, i found the editor. please bear with me here as i really do not
> understand the x font server very well.
>
> i see the 'font_name' key is set to "Sans 10"...what other values can i
> set that too? does "Sans 8" work? i'd like to cut my font size
> system-wide to about 2/3 of it's current size. if i'm really seeing
> 'sans 10' on my screen....it's freakin ugly...i'd like something like
> Arial or Verdana as the system font.

If you have already installed corefonts pkg, you can just specify
'verdana 8' or 'verdana 10', etc in that field. The 'Sans', 'Serif', and
'Monospace' are just some well know style of fonts (the decision for
this three 'name' may be CSS spec, but I'm not very sure..)

A more robust / correct way is to use fc-list (cmdline tool), just
'fc-list | more' can let you see all fonts available on the system.

or, you may just open up a gedit/evolution (any gtk2 based application
which let you set fonts). then check the fonts list.

There are plenty of fonts related ebuilds inside portage, you may want
to install ttf-bitstream-vera which is a collection of high quality
truetype fonts. (though, I is only for latin characters), some prefers
artwiz fonts. You may have a check in /usr/portage/media-fonts/

Please note that, mose decent linux GUI applications don't depend on x
font server already, though, it is only a technical point of view...

Cheers,
Zarick