040214 Ed Borasky wrote:
> <purslow <at> sympatico.ca> writes:
> [snip]

well, if you're going to name me, you mt quote  >= 1 line  of what i wrote.

> Yeah, it's not just "baselayout" either.
> I've had "/etc/fstab" & "/etc/rc.conf" nuked on me a couple of times!
> Just yesterday, "upgrading" to KDE 3.2 did it to me.

not here & i don't see how that cd happen.
however, i didn't install all the pieces, eg not 'kdeadmin',
so possibly  1  of those mt have done something it shdn't.
it belongs u another heading, but KDE 3.2 is not always an improvement.

on the topic, i still believe 'baselayout' s~b changing 'fstab',
esp when what it offers is basically useless.
'fstab' is one of those files every Gentoo user shd design him/herself
& maintain by hand in whatever form s/he needs for the h/ware.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : [EMAIL PROTECTED]