FYI,

My experience with udev-017 and 2.6.3_rc2

1) Everything appears to be working fine.

2) By default, udev requires users to be in group tty in order to run a
terminal session (aterm,xterm, etc.) under X.  Is this a udev standard,
or is this something gentoo developers have cooked up?  If the latter,
are there plans to update the user skeleton(s) to accomplish this
automatically wshen a new user is created?

3) In the article published at www.reactivated.net/udevrules.php,
the author claims that external action must be taken to make udev work
with nvidia's drivers.  That is not the case for me.  I have
nvidia-kernel and nvidia-glx active, and I did not need to tweak udev
at all.

Enjoy,

--
Collins Richey - Denver area