Dave~

I got the kernel reconfigured.  after a reboot, mount /boot, and re-run of mindi using my kernel and syslinux, I still get the ambiguous redirect, but it seems to complete with the following messages:

1722k boot disk was NOT created.

Warning! (about the kernel size).. This error is not fatal if you plan to backup to CD (which I do).

2880k boot disk was created OK………….. Done

In the directory ‘/root/images/mindi’ you will find the following images:-

mindi-boot.2880.img       mindi-data-1.img            mindi-data-2.img

Would you like to create boot+data floppy disks now (y/n)?

If I’m going to create this ‘test’ as a bootable cd, do I say ‘n’ to this ?  If I do, how can I create the test cd ?

Sorry for the elemental nature of these questions, but the docs don’t really help much (they’re dated 2002), and the channel isn’t offering any help at all.

Thanks again for the assistance.