On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 17:34, Holly Bostick wrote:

> On the other
> hand, I can't understand how to use dispatch-conf at all.
Why would that be the case? The way you described etc-update, to me it
seems the same as dispatch-conf.

Admitedly there are minor differences, but both of it does the same job
and it's roughly the same process.

> On rare occasions, there's something I want from
> both blocks and getting the new settings means removing a line from the
> old that I think I want. This doesn't happen often, and when it does is
> limited to one line, or a few easily recognizable lines, that I then
> edit manually after finishing the operation on the file. That really

In dispatch-conf, there's an option to interactively merge the
difference between both files and choose which gets merged into the
final file. It also splits into 2 sides via a vertical line and you
choose left or right.

--
Ow Mun Heng
Gentoo/Linux on DELL D600 1.4Ghz