On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 22:24:01 +0100, Daniel G. Siegel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm looking for a good CMS, that i can run on my Gentoo machine and
> on the FreeBSD-Server, where i don't have a root-account. It doesn't
> have to exist in portage, i could write an ebuild.
>
> The CMS should have:
>
> A _very_ good gallery, with automatic thumbnail-creating
> A small blog-system

It pretty much depends on what you want to do.
PostNuke is fine as a basic CMS, perhaps there is more action/talk about Mambo.
Postnuke (at least) has a good gallery module (depending on definition
of course).

Personally I run my sites on Typo3, which is extremely flexible but
has a rather steep learning curve (you don't slap together a site as
easily as with *Nuke based systems, but on the other hand - you can do
stuff with Typo3 you can only dream about on *Nuke based systems).

Regards,

Martin S