I am working with a co-worker in trying to set up a terminal server with kphone, and he's having problems. All advice appreciated.

Basically I have an up-to-date gentoo system with ltsp installed.

I have done all the things necessary to execute apps on the terminal
system rather than the server.  I have run ls and terminal output stuff.
I'm having a bit of trouble with x-apps (running an app on the terminal to
display on the terminal's display is refused).

However, my problem comes before that is even an issue.  The only app I
want to run is kphone.  I cannot get it to even start up.

I have moved all the dynamic libraries to the system for the app to link
to when it launches.  However, I keep getting:

/usr/bin/kphone: /lib/libpthread.so.0: version `GLIBC_2.3.3' not found
(required by /usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3)

libpthread was already present on the terminal's FS, so I didn't have to
copy it there.  As a matter of fact, when I do put it there and change the
/lib/libpthread.so.0 to point to it, I get a "not found" error.

I have tried every conceivable trick I can come up with to get it to build
statically or to get this kphone to run.

I have taken glibc down to 2.3.3 on the server, rebuilt qt (the origin of
libqt-mt) and rebuild kphone. but that made no difference.

The version of libpthread on the terminals root fs is 0.10.  2.3.4 has a
version number of 2.3.4 and glibc 2.3.3 has 0.61, but neither would work
with libpthread.so.0 pointing to it.

Does anyone have any suggestions what I can do to try to get kphone working?

-- I decided long ago never to walk in anyone's shadow () The ASCII Ribbon Campaign against HTML Email, /\ vCards, and proprietary formats. http://www.georgedillon.com/web/html_email_is_evil.shtml