Hello,

Well, I need to use cvs on kde/gentoo to access several different active
projects, in source form.  In general if I go to the cvs form of a software
package, that is installed on my gentoo system but missing the latest version or
 key patches, are there any caveats (gotchas)?

For example camE (version 1.7) is masked. The website has version 1.9 available
for cvs download. Are there any dangers (to the gentoo installation) if I
compile
and install camE from cvs sources?

'emerge -s cvs' reveals lots of choices......here are a few I've gleaned:

dev-util/cvs
app-vim/cvsmenu
www-apps/viewcvs
dev-util/lincvs
dev-util/gcvs
dev-util/cvsweb

Which are easy to use? Which have good documentation? Any favorites?

Any other cvs packages worth trying?

James