On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 16:53 -0500, Nick Smith wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 12:44 +0200, Uwe Thiem wrote:
> > >
> > > Don't really know much about flux, but does it have a timezone setting
> > > which is probably set to the wrong time zone.
> > >
> > > As for the time being off by by an hour after 30 minutes, really does
> > > sound like a MB battery issue.  I would start by replacing the battery
> > > in the MB.
> >
> > I don't think this is good advice. Unless you manually read the hardware
> > clock
> > and write to the system clock using "hwclock", the system doesn't touch the
> > hardware clock but once during bootup.
> >
> > I suspect messed up timezone settings. Could it be that the system and
> > users
> > are on different timezones? Do a "date" as root and as one or two different
> > users and watch not only the time itself but also what it says about
> > timezones.
> >
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $ date
> Fri Jan 21 16:43:56 EST 2005
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $ su
> Password:
> laptux nick # date
> Fri Jan 21 16:44:01 EST 2005
>
> they are both in sync together, just both out of sync with the real
> time, my flux clock says its 9:44,

don't forget that the user variable TZ affects the time, so if flux is
setting that it will afect the output

echo $TZ

[EMAIL PROTECTED] mediatemp $ date
Sat Jan 22 17:12:17 NZDT 2005
[EMAIL PROTECTED] mediatemp $ TZ=UTC date
Sat Jan 22 04:12:25 UTC 2005
[EMAIL PROTECTED] mediatemp $ TZ=EST date
Fri Jan 21 23:12:33 EST 2005

so chect $TZ in flux :-) (or in the environment the flux clock runs in,
you can find it in the /proc tree i believe)