Is there any way to test a wireless software upgrade remotely?  For
example, I upgraded to baselayout-1.11.8 a little while ago and it has
caused major problems with my wireless connection.  This was done
locally, but if I needed to do it remotely would I be able to?  VMware
Workstation just virtualizes the hardware so I couldn't use that.

Maybe what I need is a little box attached to each of my systems that
is solid and can always be used to get into the system it's attached
to.  Does something like this exist?  I think I've heard a Unix buddy
of mine talking about something like this.
But I guess even a solid box like that needs software upgrades from
time to time.

- Grant