Antoine wrote:

GENTOO_MIRRORS="ftp://ftp6.uni-erlangen.de/pub/mirrors/gentoo ftp://vlaai.snt.ipv6.utwente.nl/pub/os/linux/gentoo/ http://ftp6.uni-erlangen.de/pub/mirrors/gentoo ftp://ftp.ipv6.uni-muenster.de/pub/linux/distributions/gentoo ftp://sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/pub/Linux/gentoo";

Are you sure both your system and your ISP support IPv6?

When I attempted to emerge the latest stable imagemagick it attempted to get it from imagemagick.org. The file no longer being there, it failed.

I just tried emerging it and had no problem. Portage went straight to my local Gentoo mirror and found it there. There is definitely something wrong with your config and I would definitely suggest starting by looking at that "GENTOO_MIRRORS" config.

Be lucky,

Neil