On Mon, 2005-24-01 at 13:04 +0800, mel wrote:
> Collins Richey wrote:
>
> > My first thought would be a question: do you have a desktop computer
> > that could do the compile work?
>
> Yeah I do except that the the desktop computer is an Athlon-XP,
> while my notebook is Intel-based. Another thing is that my notebook
> has different use flags compared to the desktop. So, having my desktop
> compile the apps for me is out of the question since I like to have my
> notebook slim :)
>
> --mel

Distcc looks after any changes between machines.  Your desktop will
compile everything like it would be compiled on your laptop.  Your
desktop only provides the tools and cpu cycles for the compile, not the
specs from your desktop make.conf and such.  The important part about
using distcc is having a common toolset.  You should have the same gcc
compiler and glibc or you could have problems.

try it you'll like it.
--
Brian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>