Henrik Andersson wrote:

Hi.

I'm trying to run xorg with the latest ati-drivers @ 1600x1200. When using the 'fglrx' module, all I get is a "out of sync" message from my monitor (viewsonic vp201s). Other screen resolutions can be applied but the monitor has 1600x1200 as optimal resolution (tft).

I have the correct V/H-sync lines in xorg.conf.
When I use the 'radeon' driver it works perfectly. I've also tried using the config generated by '/opt/ati/bin/fglrxconfig' with no success.

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier      "ViewSonic"
        HorizSync       30-92
        VertRefresh     50-85
        Option          "DPMS"
EndSection

Maybe you can try lowering the above values, although these settings should be correct there is a change that the monitor can't reach it.