this is a work around and not the answer but many people arent happy with nautilus

some alternatives are konqueror or gentoo
I myself prefer gentoo ( not the linux distro, the file browser )

Antonio Coralles wrote:

I'm using GNOME-2.8.1 and I've a 30GB disk formated with reiserfs mounted at mnt/xyz. While I can delete and move files on this disk through the terminal, I canot do so using nautilus. When I try do delete a file on this disk with nautilus it just ignores me and does nothing ...
Can anybody tell me how to change this ?

antonio