Bill Davidson ha scritto:

On 17:26 Mon 24 Jan , [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

hi,

Is there a way to slow down specific I/O operation, f.e. a copy of file from one disk to another or from one partition to another.
I dont bother if it takes a little bit longer, but dont want it to take alot of i/o bantdwith of other
processes running currently in the system

I think you want "nice" and "renice". They can give different priority levels to certain processes. For example if your file copy and another process wanted to do something at the same time, the other process would be given the chance first.

Bill

sadly they don't work with IO on disk, the cpu is too much faster than IO operation.