Hi,

I found a nice IP address calculator at http://www.telusplanet.net/public/sparkman/netcalc.htm

Using that, we get 218.144.0.0/12.

HTH,
Chris

Ralph Slooten wrote:

Hello fellow gentoo users,

I run my own dedicated internet server from home with of course gentoo. What I have noticed, as probably many of you have, is that users from certain ISP's do daily attempts to relay mail, log into ssh etc etc ... Ok, so I'm pretty well secured as they don't even come close, but I'm still not happy.

Most of these attempts come from kornet, as with most of my spam. What I would like to do is drop their whole entire ip-range with iptables... but how? I know how with a simple subnet, but some (they have several) of their ranges are given as:
218.144.0.0 - 218.159.255.255

Is there any way to add this range in iptables easily, without having to do each from 218.144* 218.145* etc etc ....

Greetings
Ralph