Matthew Cline wrote:
If 'ccache' is one of the values in your FEATURES variable, then
deleting /var/tmp/ccache (or its contents) will wipe out the benefits of
using ccache.  ccache can use a lot of space in /var/tmp/ccache (the amount
is configurable with the CCACHE_SIZE but seems to default to about 2G) so if
you are running short of disk space you could disable it.

I thought that ccache used ~/.ccache by default to store the cache.
What is contained in /var/tmp/ccache?

Matt

CCACHE_DIR defaults to $HOME/.ccache.
I thought portage stored it's ccache data in /var/tmp/portage/.ccache, as /var/tmp/portage is the "portage" user's home dir.
Someone whos actually on gentoo atm confirm or deny?