On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 08:16:00 -0800, Bob Sanders wrote:

> > Which Nvidia card and which version of the driver? The  1.0.6629
> > drivers don't work with GF4 and older cards.
> >

> Huh? I'm running a GF3 with those drivers.

I didn't say it failed for all older cards (or all users).Search Google
and the forums and you'll find plenty of other examples of this.

> I think what the issue here is the original poster is running 2.6.10-r6
> and it's that specific kernel with the newer nvidia cards that is
> failing.

It's not. This happened as soon a 6629 was released, when I was running
kernel 2.6.8 or .9. I had both a GF4 and a TNT2 stop working in exactly
the way described with that driver version, irrespective of kernel
version. Dropping back to 6111 fixed it.

--
Neil Bothwick

WinErr 019: User error - Not our fault. Is Not! Is Not!