Dany Veilleux wrote:
Hello everybody,

I was looking for a script that will sync the portage tree and send by email the list of softwares that to be updated automatically. I did not find so during the last weekend and borrowed some codes from few sites on the Internet and build it.

But doesn't esync do this? At least, iirc, it does display results after the sync and updatedb of all packages that are available for upgrade. I was planning to use the 'email' program to mail the results to me after esync ran as a cron job, but I never got around to configuring it to do so.

But more alternatives are always better, so thanks ;-) .

Holly