You mentioned using webalizer, the tool i use is similar awstats. It produces similar outputs, i found with more information however. It depends what your wanting to see. AWStats will show referal information, search queries, browser type and version etc. Times the page is views, bandwidth usage. http://awstats.sf.net (or emerge awstats)

Tim