On Thursday 03 February 2005 01:24 pm, Douglas James Dunn wrote:
> if you have cable and your using a new ISP now, Besides the wasting of
> bandwidth on the lists part does it really matter if they keep sending
> email to your old isp email?

Yes, it does matter, as I'm trying to setup a home network, and am having
trouble with sorting out the cable ISP connections- and it's going to take
awhile to complete the house wiring. I need my old dialup ISP and email as a
backup, until I get the new setup successfully configured.

That's why I tried to unsubscribe to the list on the old ISP, twice-
unsuccessfully.  I'm simply  asking how that can be accomplished, other than
how the gentoo list page says to do it- it doesn't work for me- they keep
sending list emails to my old and unsubscribed address, filling up the inbox.

In any case, surely you're not trying to tell me I shouldn't have more than
one ISP and email accounts on both at the same time?  If there's any wasting
of bandwidth on the lists part, it's their fault, not mine- I've tried to
unsubscribe, using their instructions (now multiple times).