Hi,

On Friday 04 February 2005 14:13, Holly Bostick wrote:

> As for the lack of consoles, I would wonder two things:
>
> 1) why was it suggested to comment
>
> # Uncomment this to disable the <Crtl><Alt><Fn> VT switch sequence
> # (where n is 1 through 12).  This allows clients to receive these key
> # events.
>
> #    Option "DontVTSwitch"
>
> out? It would seem that if you actually want this functionality, you
> should *un*comment it. Am I missing something?

yes. if you don't want VTSwitch you have to remove the comment. If you want to
switch, you have to put a comment, i.e. leave the default as it is. The
comment in xorg.conf reads UNcomment to DISable.

I'm german and not always sure about english terms. But in my xorg.conf
there's a comment, and I can switch:-)

Regards,

Thomas