I'm not sure what you mean by "system disk," but it is fairly easy to
move /usr to a new partition, if that's what you mean.  If you want to move
your entire "/" (root directory) to a new partition (or partitions), it's a
bit more complicated but is fairly similar to the steps below.

For my example, /dev/hda6 is the new partition and I'm going to use
reiserfs.  This won't mess anything up, if done correctly.

0)  Make the new partition with fdisk or cfdisk.

1)  REBOOT!  <-- Just do it.

2)  Make a filesystem on the new partition with mkreiserfs or whatever:
 # mkreiserfs /dev/hda6

3)  Move the /usr data to the new partition:
 # mkdir /mnt/usr
 # mount /dev/hda6 /mnt/usr
 # cp -a /usr /mnt/usr

4)  Cleanup:
 # umount /mnt/usr
 # rmdir /mnt/usr

5)  Modify /etc/fstab.  Add a line like this:
 /dev/hda6  /usr  reiserfs  noatime  0 1

6)  Reboot.

7)  Verify that the new partition is actually being used:
 # mount | grep /usr
 should show something like:
 /dev/hda6 on /usr type reiserfs (rw,noatime)

 If "mount | grep /usr" doesn't show anything, don't continue to the next
step!

8)  Delete the data from the original /usr directory:
 # mount --bind / /mnt
 # cd /mnt
 # rm -rf *   <-- careful with this!
 # cd /