Hareesh Nagarajan wrote:

Yeah, the problem is fixed when I take out the RAM module on Linux!
But Windows works perfectly with the new RAM module.

Thanks,

Hareesh

Did you run memtest as was suggested? Just because it didn't crash on wintendo (yet) means nothing. Run memtest and if your new ram passes, then there is another problem, but I doubt it. I have a win98 box with known bad ram that I have to keep around because there just isn't anything on linux to replace Autocad-2000. I back up my work quite often. I cannot render my work on that box as it will lockup solid. I test all new ram with memtest86+ and if that goes well, I keep an old 10gig drive around that I use to bootstrap Gentoo. If that too succeeds then and only then will I trust that ram.

Cheers: )

--
Ted Ozolins(VE7TVO)
Westbank, B. C