Mark Knecht wrote:
On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 14:56:21 +0100, Holly Bostick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

So what does "I don`t recive my mail-message back" mean?

Do you mean that

1) gmail does not save a copy of the mail you sent to the list in
gmail's "Sent Mail" folder? or

2) You get the posts from the list, but your mail is not among them (you
receive replies to what you posted, but you do not see the original post
you made, which should be at the head of the thread)?

Hi Holly, I use Gmail and I've experienced what Makurin sees. What Gmail does is puts everything ito a single thread. That's not unique. What is a bit different is that the post I make to the list is the copy it seems to keep in the thread. You do not end up with the copy you sent and the copy you received back. You see only one.

   Makurin is receiving his posts but GMail is hiding them from him.
He can prove this by sending a message to this list but then going to
the sent folder and deleting the sent copy to trash and emptying the
trash. I find when I do this that when I receive my copy back from the
list a few minutes later I do see it.

   It's just a strange aspect of GMail.

- Mark

Thanks for the explanation, Mark... I do have a GMail account, but I don't use it for this (or any) list atm, and what I do use it for is very limited, so I don't know all that much about how to set it up or how it handles lots of mail.

What, does it automatically archive the message (because it is exactly the same as a message GMail knows you have) or does it do something else entirely? Does the mail become visible if you go to All Mail rather than Starred mail (like I said, I don't use GMail that extensively, so I'm just asking. I went by my account because of this thread and looked at "Settings", and archived some mail-- I've had this account for a while now, and this is the first time I've done these things, so that says just how much I've explored the GMail functionality)?

I looked, but I didn't easily find a way to stop it doing what you explain. Is there one?

Holly