On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 06:10:11 -0800, Mark Knecht <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 14:56:21 +0100, Holly Bostick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > So what does "I don`t recive my mail-message back" mean?
> >
> > Do you mean that
> >
> > 1) gmail does not save a copy of the mail you sent to the list in
> > gmail's "Sent Mail" folder? or
> >
> > 2) You get the posts from the list, but your mail is not among them (you
> > receive replies to what you posted, but you do not see the original post
> > you made, which should be at the head of the thread)?
> >

> Hi Holly,
>    I use Gmail and I've experienced what Makurin sees. What Gmail does
> is puts everything ito a single thread. That's not unique. What is a
> bit different is that the post I make to the list is the copy it seems
> to keep in the thread. You do not end up with the copy you sent and
> the copy you received back. You see only one.
>
>    Makurin is receiving his posts but GMail is hiding them from him.
> He can prove this by sending a message to this list but then going to
> the sent folder and deleting the sent copy to trash and emptying the
> trash. I find when I do this that when I receive my copy back from the
> list a few minutes later I do see it.
>
>    It's just a strange aspect of GMail.

I'm afraid I don't understand this at all. I've been using gmail for a
long time, and I haven't ever had any problem with replying to the
list, except that gmail almost always generates a duplicate reply - to
the list and then to the sender, although somethimes this fails to
happen.

I any case, I see my message to the list at the right place in the
chain, and thus I could care less which copy of my message has been
saved.

--
 Collins