Bob Sanders wrote:

Hey everyone,
I sent this about 4 days ago, and got no response.
Can someone check into it please?

I followed this last week and did some looking around. Others seemed to not be having problems, but no one was running a current kernel, though several were running alsa with no problems.

Thus I found nothing that might point at a bug in alsa. Rather,
I'd guess you might have a hardware problem.

This soundcard works under Windows ME / the dual boot of this laptop.

Or the kernel
PCI/ISA bus drivers have an issue, perhaps not initalizing
the sound chip.

Does the sound chip show up in the lspci or dmesg output?
Or can you wonder through /proc/bus/pci/devices and find the
sound chip listed?

The soundcard is not listed with lspci, as it is an ISA card. Is there
a command to show the ISA devices?

Have you tried a different version of the kernel, or just the one
2.6.10?

I have not tried any other versions of the kernel, but due to my laptop's lack of
speed, I would rather not have to switch.

btw - please try to avoid sending HTML. It's makes it hard to
read your replies.

THanks,

Bob
-