Michael Sullivan wrote:
The problem is that I don't know what's providing IMAP/POP3 on the FC1
box.  In redhat-config-services they're just listed as "imap" and
"ipop3".  I did a full install of FC1 on that box, so all of the
packages were already installed; I just had to edit a couple of files
in /etc/sysconfig and start the daemons.  All I know about the IMAP and
POP3 services is that they depend on xinetd.   Does that help?

What's the output of: rpm -qa | grep -i imap

You might also be able to tell what you're running by looking at the xinetd conf files. Though running IMAP out of xinetd has to be one of the stupidest default settings I've ever heard.

kashani