Hi all,

I have a backup system with 3 brand new IDE disks (200gb each), and a linux
based software raid5 over them. I am storing data of some servers on
this /dev/md0 (ext3 on it), including thousands of little files from a
mailserver, some webs, and some data of windows based servers.

I am running the backups every night, but afterwards when I unmount the
raid array and make a fsck.ext3 over it, every time I get errors (bad
blocks here, some inode errors there and so on). Next night I can use the
array quite fine, but on the day after that I get some filesystem errors
again.

Now I do not really know where to search for the problem. Is it Linux's
software raid5 implementation, which is buggy? Is it one or more of the
IDE disks? Or is this normal for large (~400gb) ext3 partitions?

Where do I get infos about this? Do you guys have some experiences to
share? Hope you can help me, I am somewhat lost here :(

Greetings and TIA, Matthias

--
You heard me.  I won't be in for the rest of the week ... I told you.
My baby beat me up ... Oh, it is not the worst excuse I ever thought

  -- Homer Simpson
     Itchy & Scratchy & Marge