I told the PC to "emerge world"; will that rebuild everything with the
new i586 CFlag?  Do I need to rebuild the kernel too?  It took twelve
hours yesterday to build the kernel.  Would the packages being built for
i686 affect the networking capabilities too?  I rebooted the PC and
couldn't connect to my LAN.  I rebooted with the LiveCD and copied
over /etc/resolv.conf and copied over /etc/conf.d/net from my main
client PC (running Gentoo with a similar setup except that networking
works).  8139too successfully modprobed.  net.eth0 was running.
netmount was running.  Gentoo failed to get a DHCP address from my
router and it couldn't connect to my network, but I can't figure out
why...