Holly Bostick wrote:

As a workaround while you do so, I would suggest using the devfs tarball (which should contain the devices you previously had before you switched to udev)-- this is set in /etc/conf.d/rc :

good suggestions. I will put them on my list of things to try.

I'm not sure, but it seems to me that the issue is something with RAID rather than with LVM; are your RAID control modules (other than dev-mapper, I mean the modules for the card or mobo controller or software RAID) compiled directly into the kernel, or as modules?

siimage is the card driver. it is currently a module but I think may be I need to compile it into the kernel. That might fix the timing problem. Well, it's simple enough to try. :-)

thanks for suggestions more later when I have more data

---eric

--
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/13.03/view.html?pg=5

The result of the duopoly that currently defines "competition" is that
prices and service suck. We're the world's leader in Internet
technology - except that we're not.