Not a direct response to Chris's post, but...

  If you really dislike getting duplicates AND believe that all mail
  should be directed and the list rather than to you personally, there
  is NOTHING to stop you from adding the Reply-To header yourself. =)

I have a hook in mutt that does just that for some of the mailing
lists I am on.

Best,

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 03:20:39PM -0500, Christopher Fisk wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Holly Bostick wrote:
>
> >Don't forget also changing CC: for the list to To: and the fact that
> >anyone who doesn't feel like removing those additional entries will double
> >my incoming mail for any thread I have responded to (because I'm in the CC
> >so I get it personally, and I get it from the list).
>
> I agree, in fact, I will probably end up replying to the wrong person on
> some threads, which can become annoying.  But that said, if you have
> access to procmail you can use the following recipe to keep from getting
> duplicate messages:

*   Address:  45 Spelman Hall, Princeton University  08544     *
*     Phone:  x68958                  AIM:  AngularJerk        *
*    E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]    From:  sep.dynalias.net   *