Hey,

I have a problem. That should be fairly easily resolvable. But it isn't. The
available documentation sucks. And my head hurts.

http://wiki.openswan.org/index.php/The%20Internet%20as%20a%20big%20subnet

I have an office, I have a datacentre.
If office accesses the internet it must not appear to come from the office.
The office can appear to the internet as the datacentre.

So, I thought I'd stick up a VPN with the remote subnet as 0.0.0.0/0 on the
office firewall, and the local subnet as 0.0.0.0/0 on the datacentre
firewall.
I removed the office firewalls default route, and added a specific host route
to the datacentre firewall.

The VPN establishes itself fine, and openswan creates 2 new routing rules on
the office firewall:

0.0.0.0       xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx   128.0.0.0       UG    0      0        0 eth2
128.0.0.0       xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx   0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 eth2

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the office firewalls nexthop.
I'm running 2.6, so no ipsecX virtual interfaces :(

Now two things change.
1) I can access the internet from the office firewall, but I appear as the
office, not the datacentre. Which shouldn't happen, as I removed the default
route out it's own router, and set up one via the datacentre with openswan.
2) I can't access anything on it's internal interface, and machines behind it
can't access it. Seems like openswan is trying to send *everything* out the
internet connection.

Is there anyone who can tell/show me how to create a default route over a
subnet-subnet ipsec vpn, without screwing up internal access?

Cheers

--
Mike Williams