Anyone want to compare notes on KDE 3.4.0-rc1?

I've got it installed on a laptop and a desktop running on Gentoo. So far,
only a couple of problems that I've experienced.

1- Unable to compile kdeedu on my laptop. Early on in the build, the compiler
falls into an endless loop in the KIG directory... I haven't dug real deep
into this one, maybe this weekend. The 3.4.0 beta compiled cleanly. No such
problem on the desktop.

2- On the desktop, zero build problems, but I was unable to set the font to
"linux" in the konsoles. After adding the fonts in /usr/kde/3.4/share/fonts
via the control-center, and rebooting (yes, I actually rebooted the desktop)
I can now set the desired font. Had no such problems with the laptop...

3- On the laptop, changes made to konsole settings were not being remembered
between reboots. I ended up deleting ~/.kde3.4 fixed it. No such problems on
the desktop.

I found it interesting that at no time did both machines display the same
errors or bugs. Odd? Yup. Both are current ~x86, gcc 3.3.5, etc...

Anyone else?

As for KDE as a desktop... Wow. It looks great, performs well and it makes me
drool thinking what KDE 4.00 is going to look like.

That said, Cheers all and good night.