OK.  My message from [EMAIL PROTECTED] to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] was successfully sent and
delivered to my evolution inbox.  I also sent a
message from [EMAIL PROTECTED] to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and received it successfully.  I
would almost say that this problem is solved, except
that I send messages from [EMAIL PROTECTED] to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and they don't show up in my
evolution Inbox, yet I never get anything from the
Yahoo mailer-deamon saying that the messages couldn't
be delivered.  Here's my sendmail.mc if it matters:

bullet mail # cat sendmail.mc
divert(-1)
divert(0)dnl
include(`/usr/share/sendmail-cf/m4/cf.m4')dnl
VERSIONID(`$Id: sendmail.mc,v 1.2 2004/12/07 01:59:31
g2boojum Exp $')dnl
OSTYPE(linux)dnl
DOMAIN(generic)dnl
FEATURE(`smrsh',`/usr/sbin/smrsh')dnl
FEATURE(`local_lmtp',`/usr/sbin/mail.local')dnl
FEATURE(`access_db', `hash -T<TMPF>
/etc/mail/access')dnl
MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl

Also, in the backed-up files from /etc/mail in my FC1
install I found a file called virtusertable.  I
remembered that on FC1 I had to put associations
between addresses and user accounts in that file.  In
my Gentoo /etc/mail directory I didn't see a
virtusertable file.  Do I need to create one to make
this work?

=====